Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bingo TV

We switched from Adelphia to DishNetwork a couple of years ago. I was sick to death of Adelphia's price increases... They'd sent us a note stating that prices were increasing for the third time that year and that to keep our $75 a month internet and television package, we'd have to drop 20 channels OR we could pay $138 a month and keep all the channels we were receiving. I dropped Adelphia quickly and we've been very happy with Dish in the past two years - our rates have increased only $2 total. I keep hoping that Verizon will get into this area so that I can drop Adelphia internet too, but so far that hasn't happened.

So I recently decided to try their Wednesday bingo night. I don't mind the game usually and the opportunity to win a prize makes it more enticing. I'm amazed at how quickly my little personal time out became a family event. Now my kids and my husband will grab a few cards from me and play along too. We still haven't won, and I'm not convinced we ever will, but trying is a lot of fun!

No comments: