Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Okay, so help me out!

Growing up, I was always a blonde. I lived most of my life as a blonde, but three years ago I was dared to try something new - I turned into a redhead. Now surprisingly, the number of comments I got from complete strangers over the gorgeous color of my hair became absurd. I seriously had people stop me in stores to tell me they loved my hair. It seems trivial, but having been on both sides of the haircolor prism, I think redheads have MUCH more fun. I never went back and even though I've contemplated it (keeping up with red hair when you are not naturally red is a task in itself) I don't think I'll ever go back.

Anyway, so today. My son announces he'd like chicken for dinner and he even goes downstairs to get me chicken from the freezer. So I decide to put it in the crockpot for the day, I take it out of its packaging and proceed to slice my knuckle up really nicely while trying to remove the absorbant stuff that they put under all meats. (Providing you can call tearing up your knuckle NICE). It stung like mad and I was dripping blood. After I'd washed the cut (More of a huge amount of skin peeled back) I looked at my son and he started laughing. I understand the humor in this. How many people can say they've sliced their finger open on a frozen chicken breast? I've decided I must be the only person in the world. Therefore, I'm on a mission. Has anyone else ever done such a stupid thing?????

No comments: