Thursday, December 22, 2005

Haircuts

I have had long hair since I was about 14. It's varied in length over the years, but yesterday I grew sick of it. (Not the first time.) I decided that I was going to have it all cut off. I vowed that this time I would not chicken out as I have for about 5 years running. My husband needed a haircut anyway, so I managed to get 2 cuts for 7pm and we went out to dinner first. I had this game plan, I had a couple of beers and then went. I found a cut that I felt would suit me and the book said it was best for my face shape and hair texture and curl...

Watching 6 inches of hair fall to the ground is a breathtaking event. The panic sets in, but I was determined to make sure I didn't chicken out. In the end, I was totally amazed with the outcome. Not to mention having your hair dried and styled in 3 minutes is an amazing feat!

I'm kind of sad that I didn't do this when my kids were small!

2 comments:

Ben Sima said...

What, no picture?

Roundtable Review Staff said...

Eventually, I'll have a picture, I'm sure. Right now the one my hubby took last night makes me very washed out. The flash is NOT my friend at all. ;-)

And yes, Redspook, you had a head of hair for a good long time! Out of curiosity, when you did get it all cut off did you donate it or did the hairdresser offer to collect it. I'm kind of sad that not more places in this area take hair donations for that non-profit group that make the wigs for children with cancer.