Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Baseball

As Boston fans, my husband woke me up with screams of outrage when he learned Johnny Damon was leaving Boston for the Yankees. Me? I'm not really surprised. The sport is no longer about the fans, it's all about the money. I spent 12 hours, yes 12 HOURS, trying to get tickets when they went on sale a couple weeks ago. Every game I tried, there was a waiting room to actually be allowed in to purchase tickets, and eventually I gave up. My husband's father always shunned Boston saying it was too expensive, so he's never actually been to Fenway to see a game. In the end, he won't go this year either. After not being able to acquire tickets to the games we could make, I went onto Ebay and found numerous listens by scalpers that were already on Ebay at 9am that morning. Am I surprised? No. Again everything in baseball is all about the money - tickets, player salaries, you name it and money buys...

Thanks, but I'll stick to football. At least there I have been able to successfully acquire Patriot tickets and it hasn't set me back a ton.

No comments: