Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Cancellations

Okay, I'm in right now reading this year's list of cancelled shows. Some of them are no-brainers.

Kitchen Confidential - sorry but I found the show pretty repetitive and dull.

Threshold - I didn't mind the start of the show, but it's up against tough competion. I think the 10pm time slot sucks for those of us on the east coast anyway.

Reunion - I can't say I've ever watched it. There is no way I was giving up CSI for this show. But even before that - you have a murder mystery spanning 20 years time in one season? Had the show survived it would have made for a pitiful second season unless they had brilliant writers.

Martha Stewart's The Apprentice. I won't even go there. I hate those shows and couldn't do enough justice to bashing them.

Alias - I can actually see that show fizzling out. It's gotten pretty lame recently.

Night Stalker - why remake a classic only to change and ruin it?


In general, my favorite shows are staying - Cold Case, CSI (the original one that even I will admit is losing its luster), LOST, NCIS and Without A Trace.

I'm happy to see the show that most critics started out panning - My Name Is Earl - has become a huge hit. That show amuses me.

Other than that, I'd like to see an end come to The Simpsons. Yes it is the longest running cartoon, but it's grown very old. And how about no more reality tv for a while? I think many of us have shown a lack of interest!

No comments: