Monday, November 14, 2005

Can a house choose its owner?

Recently, I've been watching an "event" going on in a local household with semi-interest. You see in the past, the owner of this house was a really nice guy stuck in kind of a bad situation. He ended up refusing to speak up for himself and it led to a very unhappy second marriage, fall-outs with all of his close friends, and I think lost a good piece of himself. It's all hear-say from here on out, but I've heard his daughter from his first marriage took off to live with mom because she couldn't stand her new step-mom and then he eventually lost his other daughter when his second marriage fell apart. Had he stuck up for himself many years ago, I do think things would have turned out differently.

So now the new owners - he tries to stand up for himself, but often, in my opinion, gives in too easily. He's a great guy who is in another bad situation. And that leads me to wonder, can a house draw a certain type of person to it? Is it the area? It's just odd that this one house draws people who do not have the self-esteem to stand up for themselves.

So this leads me to wonder - did my house draw me to it? Am I destined to pick houses with sinks that LOVE to leak? Leaking sinks is a whole other issue though. ;-)

No comments: