Monday, November 28, 2005

The world is going mad

Okay, last week I ran into the most absurd issue. I was asked to pick up donuts before going to my parents' house. I was going to stop at the local grocery store, but decided instead to go to Dunkin' Donuts. So I drove into the drive-up line and asked for a dozen donuts, the woman told me they were out of donuts. Absurd... So I instead drove to another Dunkin' Donuts where they heard my store and then proceeded to tell me that the Milton location has fryers and the equipment to make the donuts on site, so there was no reason for them to be out of donuts. Yet, they were...

I thought I'd heard it all until today. I went to my local post office - they close at 5 and it was a little after 4:30. The clerk refused to take my packages. She claimed she'd been too busy to accept any packages and that I'd have to drive to another location or come back another time and hope she is less busy. The post office REFUSING to take more packages? I swear the world is going insane...

No comments: