Friday, January 06, 2006

Things I want in 2006

1. Restrooms right off the individual movie theaters with loudspeakers so that if you have to go in the middle of a movie, you can still at least hear the action! That would be great!

2. Speaking of movies - some cities have this, but Vermont gave it up years ago. I still remember going to the movies as a Junior in high school and sitting down at this table where you could order food as you watched the movie. That theater is long gone - it's now a "concert" type club, but I really miss the format they tested back in that 1986-1987 era. Why not dinner and a movie together. You sit at tables with the movie playing as you eat? With the age of computers, you could silently press a button to alert the waiter/waitress that you need another drink of choice. The closest we have now is a gem of a restaurant, Niccos, that is next door to the theater. Spend $15 and they sell you a discounted movie pass for $5 and you can have a few beers or some wine before you go to the movies. I love it, but being able to drink as I watch the movie would be even nicer! Kind of like home!

3. While I'm still on movie theaters... if you can have neighborhoods for residents 55 or older, why not a movie theater that bars teenagers and children? I've been to R movies and had 13-14 year olds talk the entire time. Let's make it a grown-up only environment periodically. You can have your "family theater" or a "Grown-ups only..." Of course, there are some grown-ups who are just as obnoxious, so I guess in reality that would never work. So how about a movie theater that actually WELCOMES its clientele to bring their own snacks. I'd happily pay $10 a ticket if I could skip the concession stand and bring my own food and beverage!

4. Express Lanes in Costco?????? I can't name the number of times I have had one or two items or seen someone else with one or two items and had to stand in a lengthy line for hours.

5. A dome that you could have installed over your house with a door that opens with a remote to your driveway so that you wouldn't have to deal with a snowy lawn! I hate snow. Even more, I hate the neighbor's dogs and cats that feel my yard is their personal potty. (Note to the neighbor across the street. When you start finding dog poo scattered in front of your mailbox and the bottom of your driveway, it's something I've been saving up just for you since you go to work and don't feel it necessary to leash up or put your dogs inside first.)

No comments: