Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

This year, I've come across the following types of people and have realized that there are people who really need a change in 2006!

1. The supposed "buddy" who up and announces that he/she cannot come over to share an occasional drink anymore because his/her spouse/significant other will get pissy if that party goes out drinking while the spouse/significant other is out with his/her friends hitting the local bars. Obviously, I don't see the point in that argument. He/she can go out and have a good time, but the person left at home can't? Sounds a little to controlling to me. However, I have seen enough of controlling relationships to know they are doomed and will crash and burn or remain and leave a person miserable for life. I hope the people in these relationships find it within themselves to realize that a change is needed.

2. The loving parent who is afraid to leave their child at home with a sitter so they bring that child to the movies. We sat through King Kong with a two-year-old girl screaming in terror throughout the entire island segment. When her infant sister joined in, the parents finally opted to leave. I just don't get it.

3. The teenager who comes to the movies and leaves their cellphone on despite the numerous posters, on-screen displays, etc. that tell you to turn off your cellphone during the movie. Yet, during The Chronicles Of Narnia, the group of teenaged girls sitting right behind us had their cellphones ring three times during the movie. I wish management would do something about that!

4. This is my favorite! The now "too-old to still be a foster child with the State of Vermont, but I really really don't want to work, so I'm going to sponge of anyone in the neighborhood that I possibly can so that I can have free rent, free meals, and still not have to work." I've heard rumors that this kid sells pot on the side to afford his car and his gas, police have no firm proof yet, but they are looking into the complaints. Meanwhile, I remain baffled by "parents" who would let their teenage daughter share a bed with this slacker, offer to support him because they feel guilty tossing him onto the street, and in the end of it become his enabler. Free rent, free food, why should he work? More so, I wonder about the mental state of this adult-wannabe who would rather start his car, gun the engine with the horrible muffler for a few minutes to drive four houses down the street, pick up whatever it is he picks up from that house five or six times a day (again, this fits the rumors) and then come back, park, and go back inside. I have a suggest there too - WALK. God gave you working legs, so why don't you try using them!

5. The Walmart employees (three of them yesterday) who blocked an entire aisle with their cart for stocking merchandise. When asked to kindly move so that shoppers could get through, all three refused and said they needed to do their job. That's customer service for you!

6. Parents who can't or don't care to control their children. For the New Year, we offered to take our children out for breakfast. So we all went to Friendly's. Now I expect noise and kids at Friendlys as it is not an upscale establishment. Did I expect a group of ten year old boys (four of them) with their parents (six of them) to go crazy? No. These boys ordered the waitress around like seasoned pros. First, one of the boys said he couldn't eat pancakes without hot syrup. He wanted his syrup heated in the microwave. She did it, came back about 30 seconds later, and warned him it was hot. So at that point, the boy announced, "I'm done my pancakes anyway so it doesn't matter." After she returned, another boy announced his toast was cooked too much. It was crunchy and he hates crunchy toast. (I'm not sure myself how you can "toast" something and not have it crunchy!) She had to go back and have his toast redone. She returned with a new, much undercooked, version and he seemed happy enough. So the other two announced they wanted more water and one of them said he didn't get enough homefries with his meal, that the cook skimped him. So this poor woman went back to the kitchen for two glasses of water and more home fries. She was back at that table within two minutes and those little brats never said thank you. Instead, they got up announced they were done with their meals and then went over to an empty table and began squirting ketchup all over the napkin dispenser. At this point, I made a comment to the grown-ups. So what does this supposed "mother" to one of the boys say? "Hey guys. Someone has to clean that mess up and it's not you, so cool it." I mean what the hell was that? Had that been my child, I would have been asking the kitchen for a washcloth and making my kid clean up the mess he/she'd created. It was just absurd and it didn't stop these boys. The proceeded to squirt ketchup all over while proclaiming that it comes out just like "runny crap." Their behavior was horrid and all I could say to my own children is THANK GOD they know how to act in a restaurant. These little spoiled brats are part of the future of this country. Someone stop the planet now so that I can get off and take my children to a saner environment!

No comments: