Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Today's Vent: Britney Spears

Going off the usual book topic again. Let me start by saying, I am not, nor have I ever been, a fan of Britney Spears. With this in mind, I am unhappy at the judge's decision to take her kids from her.

While I wholeheartedly agree that Britney needs counseling, drug rehab, and the likes, I just don't see Kevin Federline as being a great parent either. This is a man per the gossip columns was getting $20,000 a month - A MONTH - and wanted more alimony because $20,000 was not enough to live on. I know people who earn that much in ONE YEAR and have to struggle to survive. My message to Federline is to trade in his car of the week, buy a cheaper SUV and get a freaking job.

This is where I think the judge is wrong. Federline now has the kids in hand and I'm sure he's sat in his ritzy little home/apt/mansion (whatever he's living in) and rubbing his hands with glee. With both kids in hand, he now has a great way to tap into Britney's pocketbook. Those kids should have been placed in a good foster home (check it out first because some foster homes suck), put them far from the media's vulture-like stares, and given a chance to enjoy childhood while their mom gets the chance to get help.

For whatever reason, people seem to forget that Britney was a childhood star, her mother seems more than happy to let her child turn into a sex symbol at the age of 12, and also seemed to enjoy the money that Britney had rolling in. No one gave this girl a chance to be a kid and I'm sure that's where the majority of the problems lie. She was thrown into adulthood before she was a teenager, and that's always a recipe for disaster.

I know that there are Federline fans out there who think I'm nuts for insulting their hero. I know that there are those who completely loathe Britney who think she got what is coming. You're more than welcome to your opinions.

Meanwhile, I still shake my head at the fact that Britney's kids have been taken from her and thousands of other kids are starving their children, leaving them alone while they go out for drugs or drinks and social services don't have the manpower to handle all of these cases so non-famous kids are in risky situations and it will take their death before someone says, "Hey, we should have helped them."

No comments: