Saturday, July 02, 2005

Tonight's Live 8

I didn't even realize that Live 8 was on tonight. I am a big fan of many of the stars (teen in the late 80's so what more can I say...) So I'd expected it to be on pay per view to raise money for the cause. Silly me.

Apparently, only ABC will be airing the concert - and then it will only be highlights I'm assuming. No grand PPV and get the whole thing from start to finish. So I'm baffled by that. It almost seems to me that plans were rushed from beginning to end and no real planning effort was made. They could have made a killing for the charity had it been available as a PPV even in all areas.

I was also reading earlier that the event was pretty much a flop in Japan where the first concerts started yesterday by my time zone. So it leaves me baffled - why hold a repeat Live Aid if you don't plan on marketing it effectively?

No comments: