Wednesday, July 20, 2005

INXS

Okay, I grew up in the 70's and 80's and INXS were one of my favorite bands. I still remember going in to buy one of their records and having the store clerk ask what songs this band "Inks" had out. I laughed at that comment. (For those who might not know it is pronounced In Excess)

Anyway, after Michael Hutchins died, I assumed that was the end. You just cannot replace Michael Hutchins. So what's this new show? And more importantly, why on earth does the band think holding a reality show to find a new lead singer is a good idea? Form a new band with a new name, yes, but too many bands have tried to make comebacks and failed. Van Halen without David Lee Roth--Sammy Hagar did okay, but when the guy from Extreme took over, what a HUGE flop that was.

Can you imagine the Rolling Stones with someone else fronting the band? I don't get what INXS is doing, but I can't see it becoming a success with original fans. I have a feeling that the American Idol feel the band will have will ruin it for those that grew up with the band.

No comments: