Thursday, October 26, 2006

Writer Scams

I've been doing some freelance writing to earn a few bucks here and there.

I did some articles three weeks ago for this editor named Tom Francis. The offer was $12 each for some keyword rich articles on mortgage banking and construction positions. I knew enough about both of these that I agreed to do them. I had the seven articles done in a little over two hours, he loved them and told me that he was sending money immediately.

He never did.

This is a topic that I see more and more. The writer doesn't get paid, the person who owes disappears, and then posting his name becomes the only way to spread word. So watch out for Tom Francis.

It's a shame there are not better ways to protect against scam artists like him.

1 comment:

Garry Crystal said...

Hi Tracey

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. Your tips are right on what writers should do when considering jobs. These companies are run by crooks. Keep spreading the word and letting people know about them.

Garry