Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Favorite Authors

Every year, a huge harvest market is held very close to my childhood home. We will drive to my parents' home, park for the day and walk to the harvest market festivities. This year the Harvest Market was a bit of a bust, due to the weather (I think) many booths were absent or missing completely.

At the Harvest Market, local libraries, preschools, and other organizations hold huge flea markets, book sales, and food booths. So we all go to eat french fries, fried dough, onion rings, and various other bad for you foods. Then I always look for cookbooks and a few other goodies that I feel the urge to purchase for a ridiculous amount. This year I was looking for two books specifically - both by Diane Mott Davidson.

Now if you are unfamiliar with this author, she writes a series based on a caterer (Goldie) who always seems to stumble across a dead body. Diane Mott Davidson was my introduction to the world of the culinary mystery and all of her books sit in my kitchen where I am always game to try out her recipes from time to time. Unfortunately, I had not been keeping up and I'd not purchased her last two books until recently. Now I have some catching up to do.

Since my introduction to Diane Mott Davidson, I have found so many other delightful culinary mystery writers - Joanne Fluke is another I can't live without.

To me, getting hooked is what it is all about!

No comments: