Monday, May 01, 2006

Okay, telemarketing people, listen up!

Sure you have a job to do. I won't argue that, but I still won't be nice.

For the past two weeks, I have been getting phone calls from the same 801- number. It is a company called Western Research. Now Western Research is my target for this evening. They need to get over themselves, get a life, and stay the hell away from my phone lines. I'm past the point of being polite now.

Let me start by saying that I am on the Federal Do Not Call Registry, for as little good as it does. Survey people are not covered, they can still call when they choose.

Western Research has called me as early as 7:10am and as late as 9:30pm. I have caller ID so I ignore them. They called again this afternoon - and for the third time, they left me this message--

"This is so and so from Western Research. Hello? Is someone home? Hello? Please answer the phone, we need to talk to you. Hello? We know you are home, please answer."

I'm not freaking kidding. Three times and they've left creepy messages saying they know I am home. So I changed the message on my answering machine and I thought they might get the hint, however they still didn't. They still left that message. So next time, I will be answering the phone.

If Western Research is the company I am thinking of, they did the same thing with my parents a couple years ago. They were calling about the movie and television industry and how wrong it is that more violence is being shown on TV. So I've decided I'm going to answer the phone and when I'm done, I KNOW they won't call me again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am on the do not call list as well and they called me. I spoke to a supervisor but does anyone have the CEO's number so that I can call hin a t suppertime?

Roundtable Review Staff said...

I only wish! Eventually, they stopped calling me. The deal is that they were calling me about violence in television and how I should band with them to stop children from watching anything other than a G rating.

Well, I have this really big issue with idiots telling me how to raise my children. So I took care of it like this-

"I am callling from Western Research. If you have a moment, I'd like to discuss the importance of the blah blah blah group, a group devoted to eliminating PG or PG-13 rated movies and television shows from the airwaves."

My response was simple-

"My kids watch South Park right along side me. I really don't think you want to talk to me." Then I hung up.

They've never called again.

Bob N4HY said...

I just got off the phone after they called me at least a dozen times and demanded that I answer the phone, knowing I am home.

This time, I answered, demanded to speak to a supervisor, and gave them unmitigated hell. I demanded they put me on their internal do not call list. I have now written to my congresscritters, sanitorium residents (senatorium?) but I doubt any action will be taken. I will reply here again if they call after I reached the supervisor. ALWAYS ask for a supervisor.