Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Nashville Star

Congratulations to Chris Young. I knew he'd take the contest, so I am thrilled to find out I was right.

I can't say I was a huge fan of his singing (though he is rather nice eye-candy). What impressed me is that he went out on a limb and played songs that HE wrote. He didn't do the karaoke bit that everyone else did. He showed guts and proved he had talent to spare. His voice is a little twangy for my liking, but then that's my issue with most country. I don't like the twang. However, his song is certain to become a country hit - it has all the right components. And did I say he's certainly not bad to look at? I'm curious to see if he can go all the way once he has his record finished and in the stores.

1 comment:

Roundtable Review Staff said...

See if the reality show falls in my hobbies or extreme likes - music or cooking, I'll watch as long as nothing else is on. Last night though with NCIS - American Idol had to be shoved aside. NCIS is far more entertaining.

And Nashville Star, I appreciate whoever came up with that show and said the "contestants" had to have musical knowledge. That makes a HUGE difference.

Now as for the rest of reality TV, Survivor, SuperNanny, Trading Spouses (which oddly enough amuses my little brother), the Donald Trump wannabe shows, and the dating shows. There are FAR too many of them and I wish they'd go away. How about bringing back that show where someone was murdered (staged) and the contestants all had to become detectives to save their own behinds. That was unique.