Monday, October 03, 2005

Book Banning

I read a book today that was okay, but I have this issue now because I was reading the author's bio and read that he successfully led a book banning campaign against his local library. See I have this thing with book banning - FREEDOM of speech... If you don't like the book's topic, then don't read it. The fact that there are people out there who deem themselves a God of sorts and that they MUST remove books they find offensive for the general population really bothers me. If you don't like it - don't watch it, read it, listen to it. I'm sure those same people have some food they can't stomach - be it brussels sprouts, spinach... Can you imagine their response if you forced your way into their home and forced them to eat that intolerable food???

No comments: