Monday, September 12, 2005

Red Sox

I grew up in a household where the Red Sox were the team to root for. I still remember in 1986 they made the World Series and for five days our geometry teacher brought in coffee and donuts for all --until Game 6 and then class changed!

I ended up marrying a Red Sox fan. The game was on in the background while I gave birth to my daughter, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

So this weekend, my husband discovered Bronson Arroyo's new CD. For those unfamilar with Bronson, he is the Red Sox pitcher who wore dreadlocks all last year. Now his hair is back to normal and I still say it looks weirder now than it did then. Anyway, the CD turned out to be quite a surprise. I'm still not sure he'd have gotten a recording contract had he not already been a sports star, but more power to him for realizing his dream!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Sox! Now transplanted in MN, but my heart is still in Boston with the best baseball team in the universe.

No traitor I, this BoSox girl refused to make the switch to the Twins even though we moved here before the Miracle of aught 4.

So I cheer our boys with and wish you and yours a great rest of the season!

Your fellow Romance lover and Sox fan,

Michelle Buonfiglio
Romance: B(u)y the Book
TheBostonChannel.com/romance