Monday, September 19, 2005

Movies anyone

Okay, it's time for the movie industry to explain something to me!! Because Ophelia felt like dumping some rain on Vermont this weekend, my husband and I decided the movies sounded good on Friday night. We had some free passes to use up, so we headed for the theater. Now WHY was the only PG movie showing playing a 1:00pm showing when kids were at school?

Thankfully our children are older - 9 and 12, so I felt okay with the movie we all ended up choosing. Though the fact that my children wanted to see a romantic comedy still stuns me - we went to Reese Witherspoon's JUST LIKE HEAVEN. Really the only issue was seeing an old man's behind in an Emergency room which is pretty accurate of what you can see in an ER, so that doesn't bother me.

I am bothered by the fact that the only movie at this theater that was under a PG13 rating was one we didn't want to see. Hollywood needs to look at the movies they are releasing and realize that there are kids out there who do go to the movies. More PG or G options would be nice, and I think it might get more people in the theaters. Had my kids not been interested in JUST LIKE HEAVEN, we would have skipped the movies completely.

No comments: