Wednesday, March 08, 2006

War Path!

I feel like griping today. Certain things woke me up at 3:00am and I'm just not happy with the outcome yet.

#1 - People who let their teenaged daughter's homeless boyfriend live with them. The past week has been extraordinarily quiet with this kid not being around because the kid's girlfriend was visiting relatives in another state. No loud mufflers, no blaring music shaking walls and windows. It's been wonderful. So the girlfriend flew back in yesterday and didn't go to school today. The boyfriend has returned with his loud muffler and plenty of slamming doors, cranked up music, and the likes. I'm not particularly happy today!

#2 - Teachers that do not return phone calls. That just is rude and ticks me off.

#3 - While I'm on the teacher warpath... how about when a child misses a field trip due to illness and the school refuses to return your money paid for said field trip - the bus fare and the likes. I can understand keeping the $5 for the ticket to the play, it was probably non-refundable, but the $5 gas money for that student's place on the bus, that should have been returned.

#4 - Taxes. Enough said.

#5 - School districts where more than 1/2 of the voters are teachers and their friends and family. They outnumber the rest of the population, so there is no way a fair vote can be achieved.

#6 - This one goes out to my little brother. Furnace repairs that cost $500 when the parts come to around $90!

#7 - Laundry - it never ends!

#8 - Television writers. What brainchild decided to try to give the show Joey a final chance by pitting it against both American Idol and NCIS??? Like it would stand a chance??? This isn't the only show I've seen this happen with. So TV execs need to listen up. If a show is failing, putting it on against some of the highest rated shows is the kiss of death.... You're not getting anywhere by trying a show on a new night where there are excellent shows.

#9 - Speaking of NCIS what did Gibbs give Abby for her birthday? I feel cheated. All we know is that is was really glowing.

#10 - School vacations. Just when I was getting used to sleeping late and not having to get out of pajamas all day... vacations over and I have to be up and dressed again. :-( I'm not enjoying that!!

No comments: