Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscars?

What on earth was last night's show? I didn't watch the entire thing but the snippets I did see while I was flipping back and forth between Iron Chef America and the Oscars horrified me.

I listened to Jon Stewart make his stupid comment about old movies would be better in color. I watched whatever those classic snippets were supposed to represent after Lauren Hutton made her speech.

Then I watched the Lead Actress bit in which Dame Judi was picked on and Reese Witherspoon was made to be the all american. I like Reese, but that whole segment made the Oscars look cheesey, overproduced and just embarassing.

2 comments:

Roundtable Review Staff said...

Blah. He's never impressed me and he probably never will.

I admit, I only tuned in the little I did to see who had the crappy outfits this year. Apparently it was a year for black.

And then Crash won - and since I found that film to be only okay, I didn't really care. Usually the films that win are the boring ones anyway.

Roundtable Review Staff said...

Me? Demure. Sure... Go read today's blog if you want me to tone down my opinions. ;-)