Monday, June 13, 2005

Keeping cool

Vermont has been stuck in a heatwave of sorts for the past week. High temperatures are bad, but I can take them, it is the humidity levels of 80% that haven't gone away that are getting to me. Yesterday was a struggle to stay cool - plenty of showers and damp clothes are my method.

So I was talking to my husband yesterday about things that I want to do since the weather is hot and sultry. One was sitting on the back deck sans clothes - did that last night, but the mosquitoes don't make it easy. Thankfully, our deck is sheltered by a higher wall on one side, lilac trees lining the back and then rows of pine trees along each side of our yard--privacy isn't a big issue at all, so while my husband did the "I can't believe you..." bit, I felt a lot cooler than I had been! I can see why nudists find appeal in bearing all!

Another is trying mint juleps. Seems southern belles do a lot of that, so since I have to deal with their weather, I think I should see if they have a key to survival by sipping Mint Juleps on the porch... That's my goal for later today, I think. Course I'll have to run out to the liquor store first...

Lastly, we have one of those inflatable 8 foot wide, 4 feet deep inflatable pools. I'm putting in a call for water now... We've put off filling it since we are on a well and have to pay a water hauler for water. Usually we don't get the long stretches of humidity this early, so now that we have, we really need to get ourselves in motion!

No comments: