Thursday, June 23, 2005

Great mysteries in life.

Yesterday was an interesting day. I now am left with more questions than answers I think, but it does lead me to wonder a few things...

1. If you (an internet provider) know the system you switched to a few months ago was not compatible with the cable modem boxes that some of your "older" customers are using, why not notify them? Why wait until their internet goes out completely and then reveal that is the problem when they have to call you in for service/troubleshooting visit?

2. A convicted murderer here served his time for murdering his wife in 1964. Unfortunately, he was declared insane, so his sentence wasn't any where what it should have been. He was released 6 years later. 15 years passed and he murdered another woman. He served 21 years for that murder. Why he didn't get a life sentence is beyond me, I just can't tolerate the "Oh, I'm insane" excuse. Upon his re-release, he stole a truck and tried to take off. Police caught him, but now he's saying that it is the media's focus on his past crimes that made him run. Oh, PLEASE. You've killed two innocent woman and you're upset that the press keeps publicizing your story to warn off other women. The logic beyond that escapes me. More so, I'm upset that this man was declared "incurably insane" back in the 60's and yet the legal system keeps letting him walk out the doors and into the community with the rest of us.

3. WHY does my hairdryer warn you not to use while sleeping? Does this mean someone has actually tried it? There are sites dedicated to stupid warnings of this nature, I highly recommend http://www.angelnetweb.com/jokes.html for a list of some of them.

4. I was in Walmart a few days ago and the watch I purchased set off their alarm. What amuses me is that the computerized voice says - "We're so sorry but an item in your bag has set off our inventory contol system." So they are sorry that I might be trying to steal something? That always cracks me up.

5. Summer vacation. Why do teachers assign over the summer homework knowing full well that the kids are going to wait until the very last second to actually do any of it? Kudos to my son's upcoming teacher who sent a note saying, "This summer your only assignment is to play and have lots of fun so that you can tell me about all the exciting things you did when you come back in August."

No comments: