Monday, June 27, 2005

Camping

I don't know about everyone, but I have come to the conclusion that camping is JUST not for me. This weekend was my baby brother's "after the wedding" party. They eloped and had a stupendous wedding ceremony down in the Bahamas. But this weekend was the celebration and everyone stayed in tents. Bugs, dampness, hard lumpy floors or air mattresses that bounced more than a ship in a gale... I can't say I found camping impressive -- especially not after 2 nights.

So last night I went to bed at 4:00 and slept for a straight 14 hours. I know many people will go for camping WEEKS. How on earth do you camp for a straight week. Don't the bugs...sticky bug repellent mess, noisy younger campers, and dampness get to a person? We didn't have showers, just hoses, and even after 2 nights I couldn't take it. I just don't get how people can go a full week!!

1 comment:

Ben Sima said...

Oh, I love camping. I just got from a week long camp with all of the fresh air and things to do. In the wilderness it's like taking a vacation from life and visiting heaven for a week.