Thursday, June 30, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

With the arrival of our new batch of hot humid weather also brought the arrival of my aunt from England. Unfortunately, she didn't stay long enough. It had been eight years since she was last here, and on one income, we can't afford to go over to England as much as we'd like. :-( Needless to say we got to see her for 3 1/2 of the 14 days she was here in the U.S. Still sulking and upset over that!!!

Now that things are settling down a little, I hope to have the site updated soon. But because it was my little brother's "Wedding Party" (they actually eloped last month and this was the follow-up celebration) last weekend, everyone is off for the week and I've been spending more time keeping cool in the pool than actually staying inside on the computer. I will remedy that this weekend when it is cooler. FINALLY.

But before I leave, I have one question. WHY do McD's new "exercise with ronald" ads all finish with the kids heading off to McDonald's for food? Doesn't that counteract the entire exercise and get in shape promotion they are running? At my local McD's, kids meals still consist of fried chicken nuggets or greasy burgers. I'm glad my kids were smart enough to pick that issue up immediately!

No comments: