Monday, August 07, 2006

Back To School Shopping

My son finally got his back to school list from the school (7th grade). I guessed almost completely wrong. I'd bought him pencils, which were needed, pens (again necessary), notebooks (not needed at all)...

So I get the list - 2 inch binders - four of them. I checked Staples and Walmart. For 2 inch binders, we are looking at at least $5 a piece. Staples has them on sale this week 3 for $21. I'd bought him 1 inch binders, but apparently that won't do. I'm slightly ticked because that's a lot of money to have to spend on binders that he is certain he could have used 1 inch and made do with them by cleaning out the old from time to time and 1 inch are what he's used in the past.

We also have to buy him a scientific calculator, a metric ruler, colored pencils, computer disks (not that they mentioned the size, I'm assuming they mean 3 1/2 inch disks, though blank CDs would be much handier to me as I always have those on hand), reinforcers for the binder, and dividers for the binders. He will not get his schedule until the first day of school, so the rest of the list will be given to us when his full schedule is set. I'm ticked about that. That means parents will have to do a mad dash to get the rest of the items that weekend.

Our daughter, they still haven't sent her list yet.

No comments: