Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Climate Changes

Only in Vermont could we start out the month near 60 degrees and then end up with morning temperatures of 18 below. This morning was very nippy! I have this thing with going outside to wait for the school bus while I can feel my nostrils freezing together every time I try to inhale--not that my lungs appreciated my trying to inhale at all!

While we really haven't had that much of a winter this year, I am ready for it to go away. Walking on snow at 18 below zero makes for some nasty sounds. If you've never experienced it, imagine fingernails on the chalkboard with every step. The styrofoam squeak that occurs is plain annoying and feels odd too. It does feel like you are on hard styrofoam.

With this said, if anyone in the warmer states would like to get a fan big enough to blow some of their warm air up north, I'd really appreciate it!

No comments: