Saturday, July 01, 2006

Click

We went to see Click last night. Now I am a fan of Adam Sandler. Sure he's goofy, but there is something about him that comes off as extremely sexy - maybe his grin...

I think Click is one of his better movies. He's a family man this time... he's also a workaholic. The bratty kid next door is always rubbing it in how his family has better technology, cars, lifestyle... So in desperation one night, Sandler heads off to Bed, Bath & Beyond to at least get a universal remote so that he'll be capable of turning on his television. Christopher Walken gives him a brand new product-- a self programming remote - just point and click. The thing is the remote works on anything and anyone. Suddenly, Sandler has the power to control his life - fast-forwarding through the bad and freezing the screen when things are good!

While this is a great comedy, there is also the emotional drama aspect when he finds he is using the remote so much that life is whizzing buy. I found myself laughing, shedding a tear or two, and then knowing by the end that this is a movie I'll have to own. I could watch it again and again without tiring of it.

No comments: