Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Beware...

I am officially hooked up to wireless internet now, so I have the luxury of working from either my living room or my office corner. But while I was getting hooked up, the point was brought up that one of my neighbors has a wireless connection and they don't safeguard it. So for all these months, I could have been tapping into their connection without them noticing. In fact, if I go into wireless networks, they are on the list and I can click to connect to their connection, but I'm a decent person.

I have a feeling I know exactly which neighbor it is - one gets plagued with more viruses and spyware than normal and they aren't very computer aware... smart... whatever you want to call it.

Anyway, if you are on wireless, you probably should have a clue as to what you are doing or have a professional come in. Isn't your computer/personal safety worth it?

No comments: