Monday, February 11, 2008

Seventeen Magazine

My daughter is not yet a teenager, but she's starting to reach that point where clothing yens are more teen than child, body sprays are growing in popularity and lip glosses are criticial to her daily routine. When her brother had to sell magazines for a class fundraiser, she spent some of her own money to get a subscription to SEVENTEEN.



I remember reading SEVENTEEN when I was a teenager. A lot has changed. First, the magazine gives away more goodies than I would ever imagine. In fact, a shopping excursion this weekend that was meant to be my assignment for a national magazine turned into a deal packed adventure!

Two issues of SEVENTEEN have come through my house now. With the February issue, the magazine had a coupon stating that if you brought the coupon and cover of that issue into any JC Penney store, you would receive a free pair of Flirtacious undies if you used the couppon between Jan and February. Sure enough, with coupon in hand, my daughter found a color she loved, brought her coupon and magazine cover to the service counter and received the underwear for free. Priced at $7.50 per pair, she had already earned back half of what she paid for the magazine.

Next stop was with the March issue which promised a free PacSun Nollie T-shirt if the coupon was used between February 5th and the end of March. We walked in and there was a table covered in different colors all priced at $14.50. She found the t-shirt of her dreams and again the coupon worked wonderfully and she received her t-shirt for free. With just these two items, the cost of her magazine has been completely covered.

She's psyched and I'm impressed. With 10 more issues to go, I can't wait to see what freebies are offered next!

No comments: