Saturday, November 17, 2007

Books or Music

I'm a music junkie. While my book piles stack up, this month has seen some incredible music releases. With the age difference between my husband and I, the music in our house varies greatly. Here's my take on some of the recently releases available.



I am a huge Eagles fan. Their harmonies rock! I love the song Long Road Out of Eden and even How Long has been rather catchy. The rest of this album is growing on me. The big downfall is that I feel Joe Walsh's offerings are rather weak. I've love his music in the past, but the two tracks he does on this album just are not that good IMO.



In interviews, Little Big Town have said that Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, and CSN are idols. Little Big Town's harmonies are exceptional. If you caught the concert they did with Lindsey Buckingham, keep watching for repeats! They did an amazing job. Their third release is pretty impressive. I still prefer the second, but their new one still needs to grow on me.



Like her or hate her, I will give Carrie Underwood credit for wanting to write her own music this time around. The album is pretty catchy, but one specific song caught my attention. "I Know You Won't" is the best on the album and showcases the power in her vocals. Some of it is pretty sappy, but you listen to Carrie Underwood music expecting her to be perky.



Reba isn't someone I normally would have chosen, but I will give her credit for being a good comedy actress and some of her music does intrigue me. Stand out tracks on this album have to be the one with Leann Rimes (heartache of being dumped and blaming yourself) and then the track with Don Henley. The track with Kenny Chesney about divorce and sharing custody makes me cry every time. Over all, I find this album has become one of my favorites this fall.



Robert Plant teaming up with Alison Krauss - enough said it's a weird combination. Yet, for some twisted reason the rocking Led Zepplin frontman and Alison work very well together.



The rocking side of me always loves some harder music, but I tend to be a very vocal person and want music that I can sing along to. Foo Fighters appease to my son and husband who want harder guitar driven music, and I find it still easy to sing along with. Pretender is one of the best tracks on the album. Let It Die is a decent song. Summer's End is my favorite though.

No comments: