Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What is wrong with the world today?

I watched my neighbors after a death in the family. These are nice people. Quiet people who will do anything for anyone if asked. So after the elderly mother died, the police sat there at the house for three hours waiting for the coroner to arrive. Now I understand, the officer has his job, apparently they cannot leave family alone with a body, not sure on the logistics of that, but whatever.

One officer left after an hour and a half - meanwhile, I kept thinking why two officers? They are so shortstaffed that they cannot properly patrol the streets and interstates, but they can have two officers sit with a body for hours? Seems to me there is something wrong with that picture...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

because sometimes people like to do what we call "sham," which means, do nothing and report that you are busy to your supervisor.