Monday, June 12, 2006

Even the geese have had enough

I spent yesterday swimming in my basement. With the rain, rain, and even more rain, my basement is seeping nicely. In fact, you can watch water spurt from a hole at the top of the sump pump bucket much to my kids delight.

I've had my fill of rain. The basement is toast. Thankfully, the sump pump keeps up with it, but the rugs I had down near my washing machine are toast. Water has never made it beyond the front portion of the basement, now it has. So today's goal is to throw the rugs out. I have a plan on how to control this much seepage in the future, I just need to find the right things and get my basement to dry out completely.

In the meantime, I went grocery shopping yesterday and took my son with me. My husband and daughter spent the morning vacuuming up water and squeegeeing it to the sump pump area. (Whoever invented the long poled squeegee should be knighted!)

So as we were driving by the swamp, we saw six or seven geese sat on the banks with their heads tucked under their wings. Even the geese have had it with the rain.

No comments: