Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Previous discussion of Associated Content

I have posted raves over the is website in the past. Unfortunately, now I have to revise my statement. The winds are changing at AC, which in itself is not a bad thing, but it became apparent to me that they are not reading the articles they are rejecting.

I have been writing for them since April, usually just posting my rants or restaurant reviews for places in the area. My latest restaurant review was rejected after three weeks of it being pending. They rejected it with a note saying I should resubmit it after adding the name of the restaurant, city, and state. The problem is that all of this information was in the review to start.

I opted to hit their forums and see if others had the same problem. Apparently, I am not alone with the frequent rejections. On top of this, if you resubmit an article without editing it too many times, they will ban you from the site. So it is a lose lose situation now.

In the end, I'd really love to promote this neat Vietnamese Restaurant in St. Albans, VT. The newspaper in the area would not take content from a reader, so AC was my second choice. It's not going to happen there either unless their editors wake up and read the articles.

1 comment:

A Daily Dose of Grace said...

Hey Tracy,

Rebecca from RTR here. I joined AC after getting an invite from you. And I just started to notice the same thing. I submitted two older college papers on two different Shakespeare plays. I received a rejection because they don't offer upfront payments for "book reviews". I don't think anyone actually read it. They were clearly not book reviews but rather literary analysis with additional outside resources listed as well. I tried to resubmit under their "college research paper" category but I don't know whether that will come back as anything or not.